2012 Recruitment for Direct Short Service Commission Course Officers
at Nigerian Army (Anywhere) | Posted under Uncategorised Jobs
CORPS AND SERVICES
2. Applications should be into any of the following Corps and Services of the NA:
a. Medical Corps.
(1) Specialists Doctors/Dental Specialists. Applicants must possess postgraduate degrees in any of the following areas and must be duly registered with the National or West African Postgraduate College: Orthopaedic Surgery, General Surgery, Psychiatry, Ear, Nose and Throat, Ophthalmology, Radiology, Pathology, Pediatrics, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics, Oral Pathology and Paedodontics.
(2) General Medical and Dental Practitioners. Applicants must possess Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS or MB BCh) or Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) and must be fully registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
(3) Optometrists. Applicants must possess Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) degree and must be registered with the appropriate professional body.
(4) Dental Therapists and Dental Technologists. Applicants must possess Higher Diplomas and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
(5) Clinical Psychologists. Applicants must possess BSc in Clinical Psychology.
(6) Nurses. Applicants must possess BSc Nursing with full registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
(7) Pharmacists. Applicants must possess Bachelor of Pharmacy and must be fully registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
(8) Professionals Allied to Medicine. Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree in any of the following areas: Radiology – Medical Image Science, Hospital Administration, BMLS, AIMLS, AIMLT – Medical Laboratory Science, Physiotherapy and Medical Social Works.
B. Directorates of Chaplain Services/Islamic Affairs
(1) Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant). Applicants must possess minimum of Second Class Lower degree in Theology, Pastoral Counseling or Divinity from any of the Seminaries/Universities recognized by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services(Protestant). Applicants must belong to one of the 18 major denominations of the protestant faith. Soldier applicants must have served in the NA with a minimum of 5 years experience in Chaplaincy work.
(2) Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic). Applicants must be validly ordained Roman Catholic priests with at least 2 years pastoral experience. Applicants must possess degree in Theology/Philosophy or any other related bachelor degree in Theology from Roman Catholic approved seminary, affiliated to any National Universities Commission accredited university or Urbanian University, Rome. Applicants must have good standing at the church and also released by a Diocesan Bishop. Applicants must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
(3) Directorate of Islamic Affairs. Applicants must possess BA Arabic and Islamic Studies from recognized Nigerian universities, Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University. Each applicant would be required to produce testimony of excellent character from a reputable religious organization in Nigeria. Polytechnic/College of Education graduates are not eligible.
C. Education Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree or HND Upper Credit in any of the following areas: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, French/Arabic Language, English Language, Library/Archival/Museulogy and Printing Technology. Others are Geography, Education Curriculum and Development, History or International Relations.
D. Directorate of Legal Services.
Applicants must possess LLB and BL and must have been called to the Bar, with a minimum of 3 years legal practice experience/court appearance.
E. Band Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree or HND Lower Credit or equivalent in Music with L.R.A.M and A.R.C.M.
F. Electrical and Mechanical Engineers Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree or HND (Upper Credit) in any of the following areas: Metallurgy, Production, Industrial, Aeronautic, Electrical, Mechanical, Mechatronics and Marine Engineering. Others are Marine Architecture, Electronic and Computer Engineering. Such academic fields must be registrable with the Nigerian Society of Engineers and Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
G. Engineers Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Building Engineering. Others are Architecture, Quantity/Estate/Land Surveying, Town Planning, Geology or Geographic Information Systems.
H. Supply and Transport Corps.
Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Catering and Hotel Management, Food Technology, Shipping and Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Economics or Marketing. A good working experience will be an added advantage.
I. Directorate of Army Physical Training.
Applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Human Kinetics, Physical and Health Education, Health Education, Physical Education, Sports Administration (PGD), Coaching Certificates (HND/NIS), Physiotherapy or Sports Psychology.
3. An applicant must fulfill the following:
a. Be a Nigerian as defined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
b. Be male or female between the ages of 22 and 35 years for both service personnel and civilians. Individuals applying to any of the Chaplain Services or Directorate of Islamic Affairs are to be between the ages of 22 and 40 years.
c. Be medically and physically fit.
d. Measure not less than 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
e. Must not have been convicted by any court of law.
f. Possess a minimum of first degree of not less than Second Class Lower Division from a recognized University or HND from a recognized Polytechnic of not less than Lower Credit. HND holders applying to the Nigerian Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineers Corps must possess Upper Credit.
g. Applicants (less serving members of the Armed Forces) must have completed the NYSC Scheme or provide proof of exemption as the case may be.
h. Graduates with registrable professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
I. Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council of birth or valid age declaration.
j. Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
k. Recommended by at least two recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. Serving military personnel must be recommended by their commanders.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
4. Direct Short Service Commission will be granted for 10 years, for an initial probation period of 3 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as commissioned officer.
5. All selected candidates will be required to undergo an initial military training.
6. Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant with no advantage of seniority except fully registered Medical Doctors, Architects, Lawyers and holders of doctorate degrees in fields relevant to individual services who will be commissioned in the same rank but with 3 months seniority.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
(1) Obtain a PIN Code from any branch of Ecobank nationwide upon the payment of N2,500 Application Fee to the Cashier.
(2) Logon to Nigerian Army Job Portal
(3) Read the Qualification Criteria.
(4) From the Home Page, Select DSSC or SSC application type. Ensure you chose the right type from the home page.
(5) Click on 'Register' to fill the registration form. Ensure you type the PIN Code obtained from the bank correctly
NOTE: REGISTRATION IS TO BE DONE ONCE. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED BEFORE JUST LOGIN TO CONTINUE FILLING YOUR FORM.
(6) On successful registration, you will receive a success email and SMS from 'The Nigerian Army'.
(7) Click on 'Login' to login, then you can start filling the forms.
(8) Edit your Application Profile (This will require a passport photo and your biodata).
(9) Edit your Qualifications (WASSCE, and other Certificates are entered here).
(10) Edit/Upload Documents (Attach your Certificates here).
THE NEXT OPTION WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL ALL ABOVE STEPS HAVE BEEN TAKEN.
(11) Print your photo cards.The first page is to be signed by Court of Law.The second page is for your Local Government to sign.
Online Application Closes On 16 May 2012.
Remember to mention JobNAVY.com when contacting employers! Do not pay for recruitment. Report such case at Scam Alert Forum.
Recent Jobs at Nigerian Army