at U.S. Embassy in Abuja in Abuja (FCT) | Posted under Uncategorised Jobs
Location: Abuja – Regional Security Office
Applicability: All Interested Candidates
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: OR – Ordinarily Resident–N1,907,136 per annum (Starting basic
Position Grade: FSN- 06
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
NOR – AEFM - US$35,753; EFM/MOH – US$30,684
Starting basic salary per annum Grade: FP-08
Note: only U.S. Citizen eligible family members (USEFM) as Defined below of U.S. Government employees assigned to the Mission under chief of mission authority are eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be Residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring Officer under com authority does have to be officially Assigned to post.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
Ambassador Protection Detail (APD) Bodyguards are responsible for providing a safe
and secure environment for conduct of foreign policy. Bodyguards are responsible for
protecting Chief of Mission (COM) personnel and official visitors from physical harm
To obtain a copy of this announcement please visit our Mission websites at:
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with
specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will
not be considered.
1. Completion of Secondary School is required.
2. A minimum of three (3) years of providing close protection service or protective
service driving is required.
3. Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading in English is required.
Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading in Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa
or other local dialect is required.
4. Candidate must be familiar with Nigerian driving laws, local customs and cultural
5. Candidate must have defense driving skills, able to operate non-armored and fully
armored vehicles (FAVs).
6. Candidate must be able to maintain situational awareness and conduct countersurveillance to enhance post’s off-compound security posture.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174) ; plus.
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Instructions for Completing DS-174
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resources Office Abuja
Plot 1075 Dip. Drive Central District, Abuja
Email Address: HRNigeria@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT
Telephone: 09-461-4000 ext 4261
Deadline: 26 April 2012.
Source: United States Mission Nigeria Job Vacancy Announcement
Remember to mention JobNAVY.com when contacting employers! Do not pay for recruitment. Report such case at Scam Alert Forum.
Recent Jobs at U.S. Embassy in Abuja