Distribution Clerk Job
at U.S. Embassy in Abuja in Abuja (FCT) | Posted under Administrative & Management Jobs
Location: Abuja – Public Affairs Section (PAS)
Applicability: All Interested Candidates
Organisation: United States Mission Lagos (U.S. Embassy in Lagos)
WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
SALARY: OR - Ordinarily Resident–N1, 393,184 per annum (Starting basic Salary)
Position Grade: FSN-04
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the U.S. Mission Local Compensation Plan (LCP).
NOR – (USEFM) - US$24,518 (Starting Salary) per annum.
Position Grade: FP-AA
Note: only U.S. Citizen eligible family members (USEFM) as Defined below of U.S. Government employees assigned to the Mission under chief of mission authority are eligible for Consideration. A U.S. Citizen EFM does not have to be Residing in country to be considered, but the sponsoring Officer under com authority does have to be officially Assigned to post.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent is working under the general direction of PAS Program Management
Assistant, he/she discharges support responsibilities for the overall administrative
operations of the PAS office. This duties include dispatching, dissemination and
receiving of PAS out-going and incoming mails, pouches and parcels; maintainace and
operation of office machines, helping to set up venues for PAS programs, periodic
delivery of USG poured collections for the American Corners, ordering and issuing
expendable supplies or other office requirements.
To obtain a copy of this announcement, please visit our Mission website at:
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with
specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will
not be considered.
1. Completion of Secondary School education is required.
2. Minimum of two years of experience working in an office environment with
experience operating modern office machinery is required.
3. Level III (Good Knowledge) Speaking/Reading in English is required.
4. Must have a solid foundation of office procedures, manners and decorum.
5. Must have ability to operate office equipment (copiers, fax machines, telephone,
computers, scanners, shredders).
6. Must possess moderate computer skills, especially operating a computer in
Windows environment and using applications such as MS Word, Excel, Internet
research method, outlook etc.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S.
Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically
address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status
in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs
Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report
are not eligible to apply.
4. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment
(FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar
days of their employment.
5. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are
ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their
employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed
(WAE) work schedule.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
1. Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174) ; plus.
2. Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Instructions for Completing DS-174
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Human Resources Office Abuja
Plot 1075 Dip. Drive Central District, Abuja
Email Address: HRNigeria@state.gov
POINT OF CONTACT
Telephone: 09-461-4000 ext 4261
Deadline: 18 April 2012.
Source: United States Mission Nigeria Job Vacancy Announcement
Remember to mention JobNAVY.com when contacting employers! Do not pay for recruitment. Report such case at Scam Alert Forum.
Recent Jobs at U.S. Embassy in Abuja